- Started burning DVDs for sale at the Lake Anna Visitor’s Center. “Take Lake Anna with you when you leave”! First set is about 100 photos over the 4 seasons and an aerial video over the Lake.
- Launching new functionality on my web site.
- Started an Instagram Account. HAHA!
- 1st Commercial Drone job started for a large landscaping company with 5 property build-outs to document and edit promo videos for the properties and the landscaper.
- Took a holiday and Photo Expedition to Europe’s Stonehenge, Bath, Kent Coastline.
- Stood by the side of a long time friend for his first ever drone flying experience!
- Joined FB Group SOAR VA FPV some mega talent there!
- Hosted a 2-Day Open Studio event March 16-17 with the benefiting rescue Fluvanna SPCA
- Reached out to Louisa County Animal Shelter to help them with photography and re-engaging with Doobert.com to widen their volunteer pool. Very excited at opportunities here. It’s a really well-kept shelter!
- Researching for Art Shows the rest of the year. My former colleagues are hoping I venture up to NoVa and they offered to help and visit my booth. Even travel this way (Central Virginia) to visit an art show and socialize! I’m thinking they will LOVE Charlottesville!
- Became an Official Doobert Organization. This allows me more flexibility to animals as well as sell my art in the Doobert Rescue Store which will, in turn, help rescues, since one of my promo pieces is to purchase my art and other creative pieces and donate to rescues for their fundraisers, and for adoption awareness!
- March 28-30 Doobert will be in VA Beach! They are attending a huge VA Humane Society Event and I am going out there to meet them! Chris has a presentation on Friday at 12:45-1:45 teaming in some kind of way with High-Five. I will bring some of my Doobert Rescue Store treasures and volunteer to help with their “booth”!
- Attended a UAS/UAV (Drone/FPV/RC) group Sunday the 3rd. Definitely found a group I fit well with. We went out after the group meeting and practiced. They meet Every 1st Sunday at the Williamsburg-Jamestown Airport. (Great restaurant there also!)
- Acquired my Airman’s license with sUAS rating so I can fly my drones under the part 107 (commercial) regulations.
- Donated some items to FSCPA, and designed, printed and donated rack cards on topic “Adoption Awareness” which helps to remind new pet adopters to give their new pets some adjustment time as they assimilate to their new surroundings in the home.
- Found out some of my Art that is on consignment at the local visitor’s center sold! Woot Woot!
- Continued preparing for my Open-Studio event March 16 & 17 and passed out handfuls of fliers around my local shoppes and businesses (Free Pet Portraits!)
- Studying and attending Aeronautical Ground School for my Part 107 compliant Airman’s Certificate. FAA 14 CFR § 107) governs commercial sUAS piloting, and my goal is to pass the Remote Pilot test issued by the FAA.
- Community Outreach progresses – so far participated in 2 Animal Rescue relay transports in January, both driving and taking pix. Also fellow volunteers are enjoying the car door magnets I designed for when I drive on transports.
- Also met with Fluvanna County SPCA (Palmyra/Troy, VA) to volunteer photography and cinematography services to help their adoption efforts.
- I donated some of my select matted art to Spotsy Christ Church Thrift Store! Scriptures, Sayings, and Local Area Attractions. Matted 4×6’s, 5×7’s and 8×10’s. At time of drop off, they were going to leave the basket of art on the check out counter. Purchase my art at deep discounts that completely benefit the mission of the Church!
- Placed Several pieces of Lake Anna Art at the Lake Anna Visitor’s Center on consignment! Matted photographs, Notecards, and Postcards.
- Completed more Animal Rescue videos – check out my Blogs Page and search by “VIDEOS” or “Doobert Photo Stories”
- Held Open House here in my Studio in Mineral , VA. Photo club member visited!
- Continued developing Hand-off Captures test phases for Doobert.com– Read about it here